How to Create a Product Listing
This guide is going to show you how to create your product listing. Kindly note that in order to create a product listing, your software would need to fall within any of the following categories:
- Learning Management Systems
- Authoring Tools
- Time Tracking Software
- Web Conferencing Software
- Project Management Software
- Onboarding Software
- Payroll Software
- Recruiting Software
- Applicant Tracking Systems Directory
- Employee Engagement Software
If you fancy the idea of creating your product listing on eLearning Industry, the largest and fastest-growing independent online community for eLearning and HR Professionals, read this guide and follow the steps described below.
Let’s get started:
Click where it says “Hi,<name>” and then Products.
Click Add New in the upper-right corner of the products lists to create a new one.
In the popup window, enter the Product Name, the Category, and click on Add Product.
Please note that in case you would like to change the Category after your submission, you will need to get in touch with our support team.
After that, you will be redirected to the product listing editor.
You’re doing a great job so far! Just a few more steps and your product listing will be ready to go public.
Now it’s time to fill the listing with your details.
*Keep in mind that each listing may require different types of information you might need to enter*
Below you can find all the information you will need to enter for the Learning Management System Category:
Table of Contents
1. Logo (Ideal size should be 250 x 250 px)
2. A brief description (250 char. max)
(In this section, you can explain who you are and what you do in a few words! Let’s say it’s a way to let prospects understand your uniqueness. )
3. A link to your Website
(When adding your link, don’t forget to include the HTTPS part. The link is activated ONLY for vendors who run PPC campaigns with us.)
4. Customers (Who do you work with? Generic e.g. Academic, Small/Medium businesses, etc.)
5. Details about who uses the software (280 char. max) - Please be specific and give examples of your ICP (Ideal Customer Profile). In case you have some big-name clients, this is the time to boast about it! Explain who your ideal customer is but keep in mind that you should also be flexible when it comes to your preferred customer. You wouldn’t want to discourage a potential buyer, right?
6. Use Cases & Industries (Up to 7)
We are one of the few, if not the only company, that gives you the ability to target specific industries and use cases to help you reach the right software buyers.
7. Technical Information (Deployment, Platforms, Browsers, Integrations, Supported Specifications)
This is a must-have in your listing as it attracts prospective customers that are looking for a tool similar to your solution.
8. Training & Support
9. Add a Product Video, Screenshots & Links to your social media profiles (Optional)
We’ve noticed increased traffic for companies that add up to 5 or more pictures AND a video to their listing! No wonder, after all, customers love to see how the front end of each product looks and how it works. Plus, potential buyers can easily find social proof like badges/awards!
10. Add your software extended description & benefits (100 words long each)
Did you know that more than 75% of our customers review the extended description and the benefits of your listing before they decide which product fits them the most?
Go show them why you offer the ultimate solution to their pain points! Describe the USPs that make your software stand out from the crowd.
To see the corresponding fields of Features* or Pricing, click on the related tab.
*Do not forget to fill them out as they also play a major role in simplifying your prospects' decision-making process*- Did you know that 65% of buyers click on specific filters to track the software that best suits their needs? Make sure you don’t miss out on adding such important information.
To make changes, click on the + icon next to the section you want to modify. This will open the section's editor, which will differ depending on the section.
For example, this is what the extended description section editor will look like:
When you're done editing each field, click SAVE to save your changes or CANCEL to discard them.
The completion meter at the top of your screen will be your guide to completion. You can click on "What is missing" at any time to see the sections that are still not complete.
When the completion progress reaches 100%, simply click on “Submit for Review”.
Once approved, your listing will be published and you will also receive an email confirming it.
Do you want to enable the Visit Website button of your listing and receive relevant traffic to a Landing Page of your Choice?